Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year and New Projects

Here it is the 5th of January, and I am just beginning to recover from a long, busy holiday season that started somewhere near the middle of November. I'm grateful for the business, and feel so lucky to call doing what I love "work". I saw a big leap in traffic to my Etsy site, which has resulted in a lot of new customers. I'm not sure, but I think it might have something to do with this little baby: my adjustable buckle-free belt for kids. It debuted just before the holidays, and was very well-received.





While business was booming, I managed to host two sets of out-of-town guests and entertain my kids while they were on winter break for an entire month. Yes, you read that correctly. One. Whole. Month. In between custom orders, turkey dinners, and trips to the zoo, I started making a mental list of the projects I wanted to do just for me. Well, and my kids. And a friend or two. But none of it's for sale. Most of these come from tutorials I found online. There are so many amazing blogger-crafter super humans out there. I hope that's me someday! For now, this is all you get.

Well, here's my project wish list:

1. Beanbag chairs for Big K and Miss B. Made with this great Michael Miller tutorial.
2. Swaddling blankets
3. Pillow for Big K's crib (don't fret...he's old enough!)
4. An apron for me. I know. Easiest sewing project of all. Ever. Well, I happen to do the dishes about six times a day, and always splash myself. Now I'll have a cute apron to splash.
5. Fabric flowers

All projects are a go. I have all the fabric purchased for all the projects. In fact, Miss B hand-picked her own fabric for her beanbag chair. I used a lot of vetoes, since her favorite colors are pink, purple, glitter, and peace signs. We managed to finally agree on something. It's a pink flannel with purple glittery peace signs. Awesome. Big K's was easier since I didn't have to factor in his opinion. He's getting a retro stripe flannel. I just printed out the beanbag tutorial and cut out the pattern tonight. My apron is cut out...just need to sew it together. And the rest...well, I'll get to them. Now I just need to carve out a spec of time to complete them!

In addition to my personal projects, I am preparing Miss B Accessories for the change of seasons (Say what!? Winter hasn't even begun yet!). Watch for some cute Valentine's edition hair accessories! Soon after that, the spring line with fresh colors and designs!

What's on your project wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment